The Digital Apprenticeship Programme focuses on providing practical experience to junior technology professionals though three-month work placements with:
- Digitally enabled tech start-ups/scale-ups
- Non-tech/traditional business models, SMEs that would benefit from becoming digitally enabled
The Digital Apprenticeship Programme aims to provide practical work experience to junior technology professionals as well as expose non-tech businesses to the benefits of digital enablement.
Many internship/apprenticeship programmes are unsuccessful as businesses do not have the time and capacity to mentor/develop the junior interns/apprentice. This often leads to a poor experience for the business and the intern/apprentice as neither derive any value from the experience, with the intern/apprentice ending up doing menial tasks.
In this program, the junior technical professionals will be matched to either a digitally enabled start-up/scale up or a non-tech traditional business to deliver a specific agreed project which could include a website, business intelligence, a chatbot etc. An additional component of advisory/mentorship will be added to ensure the junior technical developers get the support they require.
- 18 to 35 years old
- Kenyan citizen
- Technical or digital training in Computer Science/IT or related field
- Practical work experience
- Monthly stipend
- Techbuddy Network and exposure to expand your professional network
For more information visit the official Eldohub page